Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mumma Nature has seriously got her rags!

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - Immigrant Song (feat. Karen O) (Led Zeppelin Cover) by daftdreamy

Its the start of winter and we're still getting these storms? I Finished work one arvo and mother nature thought she'd give us a show on my drive home. I had never done any attempt at lightning photog, so once i got home, grabbed the camera, my tripod, walked down the beach and tried my luck at getting some light! I was probably there for about 40 mins, standing there in the sand right next to my metal looking tripod....ahhh dodddgyyy?... Its a bit of a luck game, lightning would strike in the opposite direction my lens was facing. Id swing it around and then it would strike where i had it previously. Then when i did have it the right direction, my shutter would close after a so many second exposure and would need to buffer, within that buffer time the light would strike...DAMMIT! I told myself one more shot and id pack up for the night, this is the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment