Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mt. Barney

The Go! Team - Yosemite Theme by thegoteam

I need to learn not to get on the piss the night before i have to put my body through some sort of physical endurance. Last year i did the Gold Coast marathon but went out the night before for a mates birthday, "accidentally" drank too much alcohol and stayed out pass my bed time. Well i did it again, good mate Mal asked me to climb Mt. Barney which is somewhere out South West of Beaudesert. So practically i went out the night before to watch the Reds (Rugby Union) play at Suncorp as roomy Kurt had free Corporate seating tickets. Couldn't say no to that, so we watched the game and continued drinking through the night. Though i did manage to control myself kinda on the alcohol consumption. Up at the crack of dawn i headed to Mt. Barney, I didn't feel that bad until during the hour or so drive there but when we started climbing up the bastard, the first hour sucked balls, i was sweating like a pig and struggling. An odd 5 hours later we got up there, it was a rewarding with all the views and the serenity. I was glad all the gruelling part was over, or was it… Descending that mountain sucked derilick balls! It sure tested how strong my knees are. Wheres Sam from Lord of the Rings to carry me down when you need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment