Sunday, July 24, 2011

Anybody out there?

Neon indian - 6669 by quarternotetriplets

My good mate, Alex, and I went out one Wednesday night to do some star gazing using the telescope his awesome girlfriend got him. I'm fascinated with the whole science space thing - hence why my logo contains the texture of a nebula, the Carina Nebula. I was pretty excited to see some stars! We drove out near the back of Ormeau, somewhere far enough to get away from the light pollution, but not too far of a drive 'cause Alex had to get up at 5:00am the next morning for work. We managed to find a nice quiet spot on the side of the road, with only one passing car for the whole time we were there. It's amazing how many stars you can see without all the light pollution and being able to see the amazing arms of the Milky Way!

No comments:

Post a Comment