Sunday, July 31, 2011

Thanks Vic :)

Photobucket
So Here We Are - Bloc Party by danjlander

Didn't really plan any projects to do over this weekend. I'm supposed to be planning my trip over to Philip's Penis, so I thought I'd just take my camera out wherever I went on the weekend. My mate, Alex, called me up and asked if I could take some quick snaps of his brother, Anthony, who was graduating with a degree of psychology. It was only at the convention centre so I only had to hop on my bike and go for an odd 5 minute bike ride to get there. Straight after taking some snaps, Mal and friends from Briz came down and we planned to go to this Ethiopian community function thingo. Didn't really know what to expect, the guys were joking around, saying there'd be UN trucks passing out food packs in a field of refugee tents... Hey, I didn't say it, the guys did!

Anyway, we got there and it was pretty much just a little showcase of Ethiopian culture. They had dancing (mostly Latin for some reason), food, and you could even buy Ethiopian beer! I didn't have any of it, though; I was smart enough to bring my trusty flask of whisky and mixed it with the two-dollar Coke cans they were selling.

I continued drinking through the night, and continued again the next day with a BBQ and booze shindig at the house with mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment