Monday, September 19, 2011

Laters Palawan





I’m now back in the Pampanga hanging with the relatives for the remaining days till I head back to Australia. My time in Puerto was nice; I managed to make a new friend named Roy. his a 49 year old local of Puerto whom I had met while having breakfast at my accommodation as his sister runs the restaurant there, so he grabs a free feed every morning. Like a lot Filo’s they’re very welcoming and always interested to your stories and opinions. During the afternoons I mostly spent my time hanging out with Roy, he owned a tricycle so we went to bars for a few drinks and he also invited me to have dinner with him and his family at his house. Of course I had barely known Roy, all I knew he was a musician and is one heck of a traditional handicraftsman. Anything made out of wood he can whip up some abstract furniture or household display. He didn’t seem like a weirdo unlike previous strangers I’ve met during this trip so I knew I was safe.

Roy kindly dropped me off to the airport when it was time to head back to Manila. As always it was sad to say goodbye to a very down to earth bloke, but I’m sure ill see him next time I come back to Puerto. He even asked me if I had friends visiting Puerto to get in contact with him, as he would love to meet up and have a beer or two. So if anyone reading this who loves music and crafts this is Roy’s email; etnikustic@yahoo.com an all round nice guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment