Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tour C










It was my last full day in El Nido, I would be heading back to Puerto Princesa for the remaining week till I fly out back to Manila and spend another week with some relatives and then head back to Australia. I would have to pay for my accommodation bill a day in advance, as I would be leaving at five in the morning. Since I’ve arrived I’ve mostly been eating and drinking at OG’s, instead of paying all the time I’ve just told them to put it on my accom tab…which I hadn’t paid yet. The total was smaller then I thought I came out with P2000 to blow so I thought Id go do another island hop tour and do tour C.

Like before I was appointed to a boat and met the crewmen. They were nice welcoming locals who could speak English well. There were another four more tourists joining, who were all Palawan locals. This tour was the most expensive (P900) but with the perfect weather it really showed that this tour is the grand tour of all tours. The destinations were just amazing; it really showed the highlights of the Bacuit Archipelago. So the first place was this little cove where we were able to snorkel around and check out the living and breathing reef where I finally found Nemo and Dory hanging out. We then headed off to an amazing beach spot where we would have lunch, it really had one spectacular view. I remember floating there for a good ten minutes taking it in, it was something I really wanted to staple in my head.

While the boatmen took care of preparing our lunch I did some swimming around and watched one of the young boatmen do some spear fishing with what seemed to be a hand made device, but hey it worked. Lunch was prepared and I scoffed down some fresh fish, squid and rice, I felt like one of those contestants in that reality TV show “Survivor”. Once we finished lunch we set sail to another destination called “Secret Beach”. Accessible by swimming through a little cracked opening we weren’t able to pass due to the high tide and it’s exposed to the open sea, so big swells were pushing through.

Turning back around we headed to this random shrine smack back in one of the islands. One of the tourists who were an El Nido local told me some “rich doctor fella” built it. Building his getaway mansion he added this impressive Catholic shrine and it’s also got one heck of a view point if you step you way up these safe’ish like stairs cemented into the sharp rock cliffs. After that we headed to our final island “Helicopter Island” as it was shaped as a helicopter – duh. I had already visited the island when I took the kayak but this time the weather was clear, so it was pleasant being there. When we got back to El Nido the other tourists kindly invited me to visit them at the place they were staying. I joined them for dinner and we discussed about the towns rubbish problem on the islands. They actually explained that it was an issue in the process of being fixed. Rubbish bins would be placed on the islands, as there weren’t any, which is something you would think you would place for a clean eco-system if you have tourist constantly visiting them? Anyways we discussed more about the town about its power and such and eventually said my farewells. The next morning I would be leaving El Nido so straight to bed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment