Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Plan



Since I arrived, I never really made any plans for where I was heading; was mostly just going with the flow. After reading a few articles in my lonely planet booklet of the Philippines, I’ve decided there were two places that I had a high interest in visiting: Cloud 9 on Siargao Island, and El Nido, North of Palawan. After a bit of research, I worked out a path for how to get to those destinations to suit my timeframe and budget.

I would leave North Cotabato, heading back to Davao to catch the bus (P750/$16.90) north to Surigao City, an eleven-hour trip. From Surigao City, I would then catch the next ferry to Siargao Island, a one and a half hour trip (P250/$5.60). I'd book my accommodation at Ocean 101 (P750/$16.90), and they would pick me up from the wharf and take me to the resort. I’ve booked accommodation at the resort for the next 9 days, 'til the 2nd of September. There were flights leaving from the island only on Mondays and Fridays, so I booked a flight heading northwest to Cebu, a forty-five minute flight (P2345/$53). I'll be there overnight, hoping to find accommodation through some couch surfing, and then on the 3rd I'll leave Cebu and head west to Peurto Princesa (PP), Palawan - an hour and ten-minute flight (P2625/$59).

From here, I’m mostly just gonna wing it and see what I wanna get up to, but mostly spend my time at the northern tip of Palawan, at El Nido a days bus ride from PP and probably around P700 for the trip. My flight is scheduled to leave Palawan on Friday the 16th of September back to Manila (P1505/$34). I'll need to leave El Nido and catch the bus back down to PP’s airport. There are planes leaving El Nido to Manila, but the flights are pretty expensive. I think I saw flights costing $300. Once back in Manila, I'll have just under a week until I head back to Australia, so I'll probably just catch up with more family until the 21st of September, the day I leave.

Let's go for a walk...

No comments:

Post a Comment