Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Which way to that thingy place?










After a full day's recovering from my drunken bender, doing absolute shit all, I rented out a moped (P500/$11) for the day. I was told if I headed north there was some beach lagoon thingy and some nice coastlines. After a good 50 minutes of riding, in which I was kinda lost because I left my map back in the apartment, I arrived at my destination. With spot-on timing, I got there at low tide, the perfect tide to swim in the lagoon and go walkies along the beach. It was pretty. After that, I ventured further north, riding through the smaller towns and taking in the scenery. There was a point where a bunch of kids were on top of a hill off the side of road yelling out helloes and waving to me. I know back home the locals would just death-stare you. I eventually got back in the afternoon and soaked up the remaining sun in a sunset surf out at a little reef break. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment